Thursday, September 07, 2006

Comics!

Lately, I've been going to the local comic store and buying comics every week. It's not a new thing for me, but the last time I actually consistently went to a comic store and bought comics was in grade school, more than ten years ago. After that, the only other time I bought comics was when Sandman: The Dream Hunters came out, and I bought several copies for myself as well as for my friends. (Of course I'd like to make a disclaimer that at the time, I bought because the artist was Yoshitaka Amano, not because the writer was Neil Gaiman.) It even came to the point where Elbert caught me red-handed buying comics at Comic Quest. He was surprised, although I've seen more shocking faces from him.

On a side note, I was at Fully Booked the other day and I overheard a couple looking for some indie comics: Goodbye Chunky Rice and Blankets. They aren't really mainstream titles, and I was surprised that they were looking for copies. Takes me back to the CCHQ days where Elbert would recommend some non-mainstream titles.

No comments: