Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Jack Vance Anthology

Old news by Internet standards (it was last week) and perhaps the reason I didn't originally post it before was because all I had was a few lines from George R. R. Martin's blog (that and I'm not really a big fan of Jack Vance). Anyway, the anthology seems to have an interesting line-up of writers and I'm interested in seeing Glen Cook and Jeff Vandermeer's take. Here's what's mentioned on George R. R. Martin's website:
We've assembled an all-star lineup of contributors for the book, we think. Songs of the Dying Earth will feature original stories from Dan Simmons, Robert Silverberg, Michael Moorcock, Tanith Lee, Elizabeth Hand, John C. Wright, Glen Cook, Jeff Vandermeer, Neil Gaiman, Paula Volsky, Tad Williams, Howard Waldrop, Michael Shea, Mike Resnick, and a host of other terrific writers and hardcore Jack Vance junkies, some of whom offered us their firstborn children for the chance to be a part of this project. And yes, I plan on doing a story for the book myself (after I finish A Dance With Dragons). Jack Vance and his representatives have been so kind as to give us permission to use Jack's characters as well, so longtime fans can expect to appearances from Cugel the Clever, Chun the Unavoidable, T'sain and T'sais, and other favorites.

No comments: