Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Sick August

Last night, I was ready for August but when I woke up today, I had that feeling--no fever yet but it's coming, plus a migraine and diarrhea.

Anyway, what I'm usually excited about August is at the end of the month is the Manila International Book Fair. It's going to be from August 29 to September 2, 2007 so start saving up! (Unfortunately, I'm broke.)

Of course this is similarly the time that bookstores start going on sale. A Different Bookstore/Ink & Stone just ended their monthly sale so I doubt if they'll have another sale this month (but they'll be participating at the book fair!). Going through my archives, last year August was the month when Booktopia held its anniversary sale so they might be having a store promo or something in the next couple of weeks. I expect that in the middle of the month, National Bookstore and Powerbooks will similarly be declaring sale! so don't go on a shopping spree just yet.

No comments: