Saturday, August 11, 2007

Looking for The Art of War

When I was still in grade school, my dad gave me a copy of The Art of War. A lot has happened since then and long story short, I can't find the book. So yesterday I went to the bookstore and tried to find myself a copy.

Actually, I've been trying to find a copy for the past few weeks.

The problem isn't finding a copy of The Art of War. Nearly every bookstore has their own version of book available. My main problem is finding a good version. There are a lot of books on the subject and while it's nice to say management/entrepreneurial/business spins on the topic, I simply want a bare-bones copy, one without all the interpretations. (My preferred one would probably be a copy that has the original Chinese text along with the translation.)

Also, I have a similar complaint that the bare-bones version is still in the business section of the bookstore, instead of the, say, nonfiction or military section. (But I don't think there's honestly a perfect book shelving scheme.)

1 comment:

banzai cat said...

The only one I have is the James Clavell version, kind of like "The Art of War" for Dummies.