Thursday, November 08, 2007

Disappearing on Nov. 21-24, 2007

My boss's boss (I have lots of bosses) called up yesterday as I was about to leave the office to say that I'll be going on a trip on Nov. 21 - 24, 2007. Suffice to say, there'll be no blogging updates on those dates unless I can manage to find an Internet connection in Subic (but I don't own a laptop so finding a reasonable Internet cafe will be the biggest dilemma). Hopefully I can have my regular line-up of podcasts on Oct. 25, 2007.

There's a part of me that doesn't want to go to this trip because this means I'll be missing out on the Graphic/Fiction Awards, not just because I think I have a good chance of winning (sorry, no false modesty here!) but because some of my friends will be seeing their names in print on that day and I want to be there to support them. But since there's no announcement yet from Fully Booked, hopefully the launch will be moved a week later.

Oh, as to where I'm going, well, I honestly declined the initial offer but my boss insisted. It looks like I'm going to the Philippine Ad Congress. And as long as Murphy's Law isn't in play, I have my trusty recorder. I'm doomed to being the Neil Gaiman scribe.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always look at the bright side of life! :) Good luck!

cecille said...

[envies]

Don said...

see you here, I guess. hehe

oh yeah, we have netopia here BTW :D

Charles said...

Don: I think the real question is whether 1) there's one near the hotel and 2) whether I can sneak out at night to get there.

Cecille: Will bring you back a recording!

Anonymous said...

hey charles. you referring to the *2nd* graphic/fiction awards? If it's on those november dates, then ang bilis naman nilang pumili ng winners? (last year took them 3? 5 months? before they announced the winners if I'm not mistaken...)

Charles said...

Elyss: Yes to all. From Fully Booked: "Catch Neil Gaiman again in Manila when he visits Fully Booked for the Awards Night and book launch of "Expeditions," the 1st Philippine Graphic/Fiction compilation."

The awards night is referring to the 2nd graphic/fiction awards.

Poor judges. =P

Don said...

Where are you staying ba?

Charles said...

Don: I honestly don't know... (but rest assured I will be staying somewhere)