Sunday, January 25, 2009

2009 Speculative Fiction Anthologies?

I'm a big fan of anthologies (original and reprint) and last year, a good bulk of my reading and reviews were on such books.

Last year, Jonathan Strahan made a list of anthologies to be published in 2008. I thought for 2009, I'd make a list of my own (although it includes reprint anthologies which Strahan doesn't include--mainly because he created the database to help him with his "Best Of" anthology).

Anyway, here's what I managed to gather so far. Feel free to add or edit or link to the database (either in the Google Docs or in the Comments section).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI the Lethe Press anthology is Wilde Stories with an "e".

Charles said...

Ooops. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Charles,
Don't forget my new Best Horror of the Year for Night Shade!

Unknown said...

Also,

Cinema Spec: Tales of Hollywood and Fantasy
Publisher: Raven Electrick Ink
Date: September 2009
Editor: Karen Romanko

Gillian Polack said...

There are some recent Australian anthologies:

Masques, ed G Polack and S Hopkins, CSFG Publishing, 2009
In Bad Dreams v II: Where Death Stalks ed Sharyn Lilley, Eneit Press, 2009

Slice of Life, Paul Haines The Mayne Press, 2009

New Ceres Nights ed Alisa Krasnostein and Tehani Wessely, Twelfth Planet Press, 2009

The others escape me, but there were more. Australia had a kind of anthology addiction, I suspect.

Gillian said...

I've remembered some of the others:

X6 Coeur de Lion - I don't know who edited it, so here's a link: http://www.coeurdelion.com.au/ )

A Book of Endings, Deborah Biancotti, Twelfth Planet Press, 2009 (I love this writer - how could I have forgotten it!)

I think Brimstone Press has something coming soon, too: http://www.brimstonepress.com.au/

Jason M. Waltz said...

Then there's the heroic fantasy anthology Rage of the Behemoth from Rogue Blades Entertainment.

Nancy Jane Moore said...

Book View Press just issued its first e-anthology: Rocket Boy and the Geek Girls, edited by Phyllis Irene Radford. And it will issue an all-original anthology, The Shadow Conspiracy before the end of 2009.