Wednesday, November 19, 2008

November 19, 2008 Links and Plugs

This week, I'm coming to the realization that I'm semi-competent in plugging other people's books but not so much my own projects (i.e. Philippine Speculative Fiction Sampler).
  • There's a couple of interviews that popped up and the one I want to plug the most is the one I did with Steve Berman over at the Nebula Awards. Discover his favorite Cthulhu plush!
  • Chasing Ray has a great interview with the Summer Queen Ellen Datlow.
  • Blogging the Muse interviews Elizabeth Bear.
  • Oh, and here's an interesting series of articles on the History of Tolkien RPGs (1, 2, 3).
  • And here's an interesting article on the state of genre pulp magazines. Features commentary from personalities like Gordon van Gelder, Sheila Williams, and John Scalzi.
  • Cory Doctor's my hero. Here's an article on Why I Copyfight. "Para-Copyrights" is easily a term that applies to manga scanlators and anime fansubbers.
  • One Google to rule them all. Questions to ponder: Google Pub Quiz.
  • As for writing deadlines, I'd like to plug Interfictions II and Sybil's Garage. (You have more than one week to get at it!)
As for your book plug, John Grant fans won't want to miss this, especially after reading Leaving Fortusa:

No comments: