Thursday, July 12, 2007

Morning Adventures

So the alarm was set at 6:00 am and in traditional Charles fashion, I wake up at 5:59 am. Dozing off to sleep again, I set the alarm to 7:00 am, only to wake up at 6:59 am, just in time to shut off the alarm before it rings.

Anyway, you know one of those "trust your partner" tests, whether it's marriage counseling, team building at the office, or some classmate bonding, where you partner up with someone and one of you gets blindfolded and leads the other?

Well I was still sleepy when I started my walk from the office so I tried closing my eyes. Strangely enough, when I don't think about walking or tripping or bumping into something (I even walked up a ramp with my eyes closed), I'm actually walking at a brisk pace. It's only when I become self-conscious that I start slowing down even when there's nothing in front of me. Actually, the issue isn't what's in front of me. My main problem is when to expect my feet to collide with the ground.

I guess it's good practice for when I go blind (which is sooner than I expect... so I guess I better start writing those stories!).

No comments: