Saturday, July 14, 2007

Back to GM-ing

Well, the chaotic nature of my gaming group being what it is, today's L5R game has been cancelled. Of course the more lawful faction of the gaming group wants a D&D game, which means I'm running the show later tonight. Which would have been well and good a few months ago when all I could think of is D&D, gaming, and RPGs, but lately this is the time of the year when I'm more of "writing, reading, and fiction".

Playing D&D's all well and good but when you're the GM, prep time takes too much time away from fiction writing (which is also competing with my time for blogging). Thank God I had a backup adventure back when I wanted to run a D&D game but could find no players. Unfortunately it's good for something like just one session, so who knows what'll happen by next week. (And while I love Dungeon magazine, some of those adventures are too "complex" on my part to run or for my players to figure out.)

No comments: