Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Writing Exercises

No, this isn't a writing test.

It's been more than four weeks now that I've disciplined myself to wake up at around 6:30 am, turn on the computer, pray that the Internet is on, and write. So far, it's just been blog entries and essays. I've started writing stories but nothing concrete and final (I'm not afraid to trash stories if they're horrible... and a lot of my writing is horrible).

Anyway, it's always at a frantic pace and I never seem to have enough time. The essay I wrote yesterday took me two hours, giving me ten minutes to bathe, dress, and eat breakfast, and another twenty minutes to get to work on foot. (And it takes me twenty five minutes to get to work.)

The biggest consolation I guess is that I'm exercising my mind as well as my body. But you know, only time will tell if all this exercise is fruitful.

No comments: