Happy New Year! On the gaming side, we still have holiday episodes from last week and this week but what stood out the most was Green Ronin Podcast's Holiday Top Three in which they discuss the best games, modules, etc. On the fiction side, be sure to check out the Survival Guide to Writing Fantasy as author Philippa Ballantine talks about making it as an author when you're not living in the US.
- The Agony Column recordings: Lou Anders of Pyr Books, Isabelle Allende, Charles Stross (1, 2), Jeremy Lassen on the best books of 2007.
- Podictionary tackles the following words: morphine and fantasy.
- Word Balloon has two interviews up: artist Mike Hawthorne of Un-Men and Brian Michael Bendis on various of comic work.
- Jay Lake has a recording of his Foolscap writing workshop with Kate Schaefer, Edd Vick, Kara Dalkey, and Jay Lake.
- Fast Forward has an interview with Brian Jacques.
- ABC Radio National's The Book Show interviews Michael Chabon (from SFF Audio).
- The Dead Robots Society has an episode entitled Revenge of the Forums.
- The Bat Segundo Show interviews: Howard Jacobson, Dave White, David Rakoff (1, 2).
- Penguin Podcast features two inspirational titles in their latest episode entitled New Year's Resolutions.
- The Word Nerds has a special 2008 New Year's Edition episode.
- Pulp Gamer has one GAMA Trade Show Seminar up: Hiring Staff You Want to Keep.
- Heroic Cthulhu actual game recording: Door (34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43), Viper (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7), Deadbeat (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8), Yeti (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
- All Games Considered has a pre-New Year episode.
- Gamer's Haven has uploaded their Holiday episode and talks about various items to spend your money on.
- Gamer: The Podcasting has one last episode before retiring.
- Master Plan talks about First Drafts in his latest episode.
- Stabbing Contest has a new episode and talks with a girl about girls in gaming.
- The Agony Column touches on the history of gaming, MMORPGs, and the potential future of gaming in the first part of their interview with Charles Stross.
- The Durnham 3 has an episode entitled Real People in which they admit that they're actual people.
- House of the Harping Monkey has an actual game recording of their Giants Playtest Session 3 (Part A).
- Virtual Play talks about Incoherence in RPGs.
- The Independent Insurgency has their first episode in which they interview Judd Karlman of Sons of Kryos.
- Private Sanctuary has a new episode and they talk about how D&D 3.5 led to the creation of their website.
- 2d6 Feet in a Random Direction has their New Year's episode.
- Canon Puncture has their Gamer Resolutions.
- Fist Full of Comics and Games episodes: Monarch Comics Briefing for 12/26/2007 and This Week in Geek for 12/30/2007.
- HeadGames Podcast has their Festivus 2007 episode and includes a gamer gift guide.
- Role Playing Public Radio has an actual play recording of Delta Green Eyes Only entitled A Night on Owlshead Mountain.
- Secret Life of Girl Gamers has an episode on Gift Ideas.
- Fear the Boot tackles Factions in a Roleplaying Game.
- Theory from the Closet has a new podcast up and the first episode is entitled Story Games, What? and features Mario Dongu, David Moore (The Game Master Show) and Chris Perrin (Canon Puncture Show).
- OgreCave Audio Report has an episode entitled Trends and Microclimates.
- Yog-Sothoth has a video interview with Dennis Detwiller of Arc Dream Publishing.
Thanks for posting a note about my podcast, The Independent Insurgency. I appreciate it.
-- Robert Bohl
That podcast is actually an attempt to increase your workload and is the first episode of a new podcast called Discussions From the Closet. I just don't have the monies yet to put everything up so I put the first episode up as a preview in my Theory From the Closet feed. Sorry if that's confusing.
Robert: Just create 'em and I'll list them.
Clyde: Good luck with your 3rd and hopefully 4th podcast. For now I'll just redirect Discussions from the Closet to Theory from the Closet.
Post a Comment