And tomorrow is Free Comic Book day at Fully Booked.
And September 16, 2009 is the Manila International Book Fair.
- Marshall Payne interviews Karen Heuler.
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews Amy Stewart.
- Lou Anders on Spock & Nimoy: Findly Boldly Going Their Separate Ways.
- Hal Duncan on What is Literary Fiction?
- Jeremiah Tolbert on 5 More Ways for Writers to Market Themselves.
- Bruce Baugh on Writing about bias and privilege: A vocabulary note.
- Hahaha. Allena Tapia on Women on Writing: Exploring Magic Realism says "Magic Realism and Fantasy are only similar in that they re-perceive realism in the same way. But beyond that, it's not the same at all." In the same issue, Sue Bradford Edwards on Rules for Writing Fantasy includes Magical Realism.
- Edward Champion on An Open Letter to Dave Eggers.
- Jennifer Tribe on A Directory of Book Trade People on Twitter.
- Harper Studio on Public Domain: Could Great Magazines Publish Less Original Material?
- Self-Publishing Review on Where to Find a Self-Published Book Editor (also see comments).
- Ediorial Ass on And You Thought a Royalty Involved a Crown.
- Scott Timberg on How Ursula K Le Guin led a generation away from realism.
- Joshua Tallent on E-books are ugly, but it’s not the fonts.
- N.K. Jemisin on Objectification in fantasy.
- Nancy Jane Moore on Narnia, Middle Earth, and Literature: Reading Laura Miller’s The Magician’s Book.
- David Steffen on What is The Race?
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on The Freelancer’s Survival Guide: Staying Positive.
- Mike Brotherton on How Could Intelligent Design Be Science?
- Juliette Wade on Songs to Sing.
- Andrew Wheeler On Michael Moorcock, and the Millennium/White Wolf Reprint Series Thereof.
- Nicola Morgan on Deciphering Your Rejection Letters.
- Rants & Ramblings on Be Encouraged and How Do You Learn to Write?
- Looking For Interns and Volunteers for Fantasy Magazine.
- Short Story Center Stage at PEN Awards, Upstaging Sam Shepard, Cormac McCarthy, Even Natasha Wimmer.
- 2009 Rhysling Anthology cover.
- Gaylactic Spectrum Awards Nominees.
- Jim C. Hines: Nemesis Wanted. (Must have own black cape.)
- Get your anthology builder button!
- Compton Crook Award Winners.
- DC Writing Award Organizer Criticizes New York Publisher.
- eBook Industry Statistics.
The Jewel-Hinged Jaw Notes on the Language of Science Fiction by Samuel R. Delany
And as a bonus for Matt Staggs:
Chaos by Escober