Call for Submissions for Philippine Speculative Fiction V is up.
And here's a funny comment on a three-year-old entry from an anonymous person: "I'm sorry kid, but who the hell are you to make this kind of critiques? You are just an editorial assistant! So pathetic..."
- Matt M McElroy interviews Ari Marmell.
- Sarah Monette Q&A 29.
- Alex Carr interviews Mike Mignola.
- Rolling Stone Argentina interviews Cory Doctorow.
- Jeremiah Tolbert On Getting Your Content in Front of People.
- Carolyn Pittis on The New Give-to-Get Publishing Economy: Edith D. Wilson, R.I.P.
- Erick Schonfeld on How The Kindle Now Lets You Steal This Blog.
- Ryan Macklin on Advertising, Magazines & Podcasts.
- List of Sci-Fi/Fantasy Authors of African Descent.
- Paul G. Tremblay on Stop quoting your character's mind!
- Jennifer Jackson on authors desiring/entitled to feedback.
- Discover Magazine on Rules for Time Travelers.
- Ed Park reviews Paul Di Filippo's novel Cosmocopia.
- Odyssey Workshop on Writing Question: Titles.
- Mary Robinette Kowal on In Search of a Successor to Lord of the Rings.
- Save the Semiprozine Hugo on Starting your own Semiprozine (1, 2).
- Michael Harrington on How to set e-books prices? A trained economist speaks out.
- Jo Walton on Where do you find out about new books?
- Denise Oswald on Soft Skull 3.what?—Inaugural Post.
- Poet Allison Glock on I Blame Blogs. Tao Lin counters with Only Connect.
- Rachel Aaron on Admitting to an infection of words.
- Diana Rowland on Let’s get this baby started!
- Editorial Anonymous on The CSK Is Dead (Long Live the CSK).
- PJ Nunn on Favorites.
- Janet Reid on Uses for failed writers.
- Justine Larbalestier on Fact-checking, Spelling and Blogs and Language Wars.
- S.C. Butler on Writers’ Tricks and Anthropology.
- Marie Brennan on Hearts and sleeves, Round Two.
- Diana Pharaoh Francis on Word Wars.
- Juliette Wade on It's touching...
- Joe Nassise on Top Ten Reasons to Use a Literary Agent (Part Two).
- Ben Vincent on Telling Stories.
- The Book Publicity Blog on Want to help out bookish folks coming to NYC for BEA?
The Witnesses Are Gone by Joel Lane