Anyway, check out Underland Press's latest wovel, Exit Vector by Simon Drax. Here's the description:
Mori Kim Marr’s personal force-field of drugs and drink has worn thin: she’s a burned-out teenager in a burned-out world, an Earth wracked by wars and rumors of wars, plagues and disasters, the hopelessness of every human heart. Mori couldn’t care less; just bring her the next fix, please. But when an artificial woman from the 19th century and a boy with psionic powers wander into the smoke and squalor of Mori’s favorite watering hole, gore-drenched violence and city-wide destruction erupts, catapulting Mori and her new-found “friends” into the thick of a battle that began long ago, a war that has raged since before the dawn of civilization, a blood-feud fought and overseen by the sole-survivor of an ancient, pre-human race: Trista Ska Shearn, last of the Cantarans. Trista has been waiting 65,000 thousand years for this, the final battle; she has waited millennia for the glum, sallow teenager, Mori Kim Marr. For Mori is . . . the Exit Vector.
And your zen photo of the day:
In Brightest Bleach, in Blackest Blight
No Stain Shall Escape My Sight...
- The Nebula Awards interviews Kristin Cashore.
- Shelly B interviews Lisa Mantchev.
- Simon Owens interviews Pablo Defendini on the Tor.com store.
- Jason Henninger interviews Ken Scholes.
- Innsmouth Free Press interviews Caroline Totten.
- Lilith Saintcrow on A Good Book Ain’t All You Need.
- Ruth Nestvold on Arthuriana Through the Ages.
- Andrew Zack on The Lie that is Bookscan.
- Joshua Palmatier on Writing: And so the revisions begin . . . sort of.
- Jim C. Hines on Series vs. Standalones.
- BBC on The Tome Lord (Dr. Who).
- Nick Mamatas on Battle Royale in the schools!
- Paul S. Kemp on Alastair Reynolds' contract -- a new paradigm?
- Dan Vergano on Science fiction predictions resemble reality 36 years later.
- Rochita Loenen-Ruiz on More thinking about Filipino SF and Clarion West Irregular Report.
- Matt Staggs on Publicists, bloggers and all those free arcs.
- Brad Craft on Bad Manners.
- Kate Eltham on If you want me to buy your books, make it easy to buy your books!
- TA Pratt on Something Old, Something New.
- Angela Slatter on Is the Publisher Always Right? Part Deux.
- Amy Sterling Casil on Strunk & White . . . stinks.
- Paula Guran on The New Yorker on Nora Roberts and Romance.
- Justine Larbalestier on Fan vs Pro.
- Rachelle Gardner on It Doesn't Have to Be HOT.
- David B. Coe on “Hard Times Come Again No More….”
- Janice Hardy on Dealing with NWS.
- Interfictions 2 Auction Project Manager Wanted.
- St. Francis College Literary Prize.
- 2009 Brain Harvest Mega Challenge.
- Electric Velocipede Seeking Slush Readers.
- Booklife/Finch Fall Book Tour Update.
- Tangent Online is back.
- Chris Reynaga will publish his Clarion notes to those who donate to Clarion West Write-a-thon!
- Caitlin R. Kiernan auctions books.
- Australian SF Blog Carnival June 2009.