On a more positive note, I got to interview Daryl Gregory.
P.S. Megan Messinger reads my blog!
And if you're dropping by at ReaderCon, you can snag a copy of the new cover of Ekaterina Sedia's The Alchemy of Stone.
And your zen photo of the day (not regular) courtesy of Sean Wallace:
- The Shirley Jackson Awards interviews Daryl Gregory.
- Number One Novels interviews Diana Rowland.
- Dark Wolf interviews Adam Roberts.
- Geoffrey H Goodwin interviews Amber Benson.
- John Picacio interviews Damien Broderick.
- Sam Jordison on Let's stop sneering at fantasy readers.
- Mark Charan Newton on Let's Talk About Content, Baby.
- Joshua Palmatier on Writing: Editor Conversations.
- Jeremiah Tolbert on How Do I Decide How Much Work to (Self) Publish Online?
- John Klima on Libraries: Reader's Advisories.
- A Short History of English Spelling.
- Larry "Novel" on When do you ever stop whoring yourself out?
- Robert McCrum on What will the literary archives of today's authors look like?
- Jay Lake on Telling Stories with Character.
- Brian James on The Wonderful World of Writing for Teens.
- Charlie Stross on How I got here in the end, part six: the second startup death march.
- Lisa Abeyta on Why it’s a Good Time to Dive into Writing.
- Jeff Cohen on The End. And a Shameless Plug for Someone Else.
- Justine Larbalestier on When a Book Sours (Updated).
- Rachelle Gardner on Good, Great... or HOT?
- Juliette Wade on Animal Metaphors.
- Andrew Wheeler on I Wish I Could Have Heard the Conversation With His Editor (LOL--Goodkind's "non-fantasy" novel has a protagonist named Alex Rahl)
- Donations to Beneath Ceaseless Skies is tax deductible.
- Books for Breasts.
- Science fiction author lands £1m book deal.
- Electric Velocipede adopting Clarkesworld Online Submission System.
- New Features on Google Books.
- New Prime Books website.
- Shine Anthology deadline extended to Aug. 1, 2009.
- War of the Words Goes Global.
Mark of the Demon by Diana Rowland