The second item is author Catherynne M. Valente is stranded in Germany and is nearly out of funds. You can donate to Fairyland. Or check out the HELP CAT VALENTE AND DMITRI ZAGIDULIN Facebook page.
In personal plugs, my interview with Aliette de Bodard is up at SF Signal. The Apex "World SF" issue is up and includes my interview with Tunku Halim. (Stay tuned to SF Signal this week and next as more interviews go up.)
Expanded Horizons also has a new issue out, with two stories from Filipino authors.
- The Agony Column has a recording of the SF in SF Panel Discussion Featuring Eric Simons, Kim Stanley Robinson and Terry Bisson on October 17, 2009 (podcast).
- TV Guide has 5 Questions with V's Scott Wolf.
- New York Post profiles Jonathan Lethem.
- The Guardian profiles Margo Lanagan.
- Blog Critics interviews John Brown. (via Tor Books)
- Genreville interviews Anton Strout.
- John Scalzi profiles Steven R. Boyett.
- Jeff VanderMeer on My Endurance Tour–and Book Tours in the Modern Era and Is it a Book Tour or a War of Attrition or Some Kind of Literary Circus?
- Rich Horton's Summary: F&SF, 2009.
- Joshua Palmatier on Writing: Exposition.
- Amazon's Top 10 Books: Science Fiction & Fantasy.
- io9 has The Experts' Picks for Notable Books of the Year at World Fantasy Con. (via Locus Magazine)
- Cherie Priest on “Why I destroyed Seattle for the sake of Steampunk”.
- Keith McGowan on Letters from Abroad: Sociology and History of Science.
- Edward M. Lerner on Alien aliens.
- Rachelle Gardner on Foreshadowing vs. Telegraphing.
- Janice Hardy on What I Learned at World Fantasy Week: Changing Scale.
- Nicola Morgan on Myths About Writing.
- The Rejectionist on Chérie Has A Special Form Letter For You To Send Your Friends and Family.
- Lots of fun stuff over at the Finch Readers Page.
- The Fix is back.
- Paul S. Kemp will not write Forgotten Realms novel Godborn.
- Secret copyright treaty leaks. It's bad. Very bad. (via Eric Reynolds)
- Get Ready for the “Why I Write” Contest.
Interfictions 2 edited by Delia Sherman & Christopher Barzak