- Tessa gives us a Choose Your Own Adventure 101.
- CE Murphy gives us a concrete example of Showing vs. Telling.
- Juliette Wade on Don't Make Them All the Same as far as characters go.
- Dave Taylor on How to Write with a Distinctive Voice.
- Here's an interview with Elizabeth Wein. By me!
- AfterElton has a poll on 50 Greatest Gay Books. Off the top of my head, those that possibly qualify in the genre include The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. le Guin, Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey, and more recently, Vintage by Steve Berman.
- Here's some rapid-fire books: Pre-order The Lone Star Stories Reader at Amazon, check out The Best of Abyss & Apex Volume TOC, and give the audio extravaganza Metropolis a shot.
Fantasy: The Best of the Year 2008 Edition edited by Rich Horton