From Mary Robinette Kowal: Reading Aloud (a series of articles on how-to read aloud and audio fiction).
This is probably most useful to those planning on podcasting their own fiction. Mostly text but some audio as well.
- The Basics
- Character Voices
- Cross-Gender Voices
- Working With Microphones
- Recording Tricks
- Vocal Fatigue
- Things That Go Wrong
- Stage Presence
- Making Sense
- Narrating With First Person
- Sam A. Mowry
- Singing While Sick
- Stumbling and the Sagan Diary
- Choices & Compromises While Recording Rude Mechanicals
- The Common Cold
- The Importance of Quiet Space
A general resource on podcasting. Text-only resource.
- Podcasting 101: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
- 10 Tips for Podcasting
- Podcasting Do's and Don'ts
- Where to Locate PodSafe Music
More focused on the gaming podcast industry but has useful advice nonetheless for non-gaming podcasts. Audio only.
- Podcasting 101
- Podcasting Hardware and Software
- Before Turning the Microphone On
- The Game Review
- The Interview
- Promoting Your Podcast
- Podcasting Your Fiction with Michael A. Stackpole
- Podcasting For Your Marketing Program
Focused more on marketing and leveraging podcasts for your company. Audio only.