Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Format Change and The Future

October starts tomorrow and I thought that would be a good time to implement some changes for the blog. Don't worry, most of them are minor.

First off, on Mondays, I typically do book reviews. No change there, except I'll be changing the label to include magazine reviews. (It's not like I haven't been doing those.) Also, I'll be ditching my rating system (I'll tackle the explanation tomorrow) and see how that works out.

Second, if you're fond of my interviews on Tuesday, well, there'll still be interviews. In fact, I'm way ahead of schedule that I can guarantee you there'll be interviews every week until the end of the year (well, unless I get struck by lightning...). What's going to be different are the labels: Tuesday is now Interviews instead of Features.

Third, the biggest change will be Wednesdays. It'll now be my venue for essays or feature articles. I've got this crazy set of feature articles that I've been meaning to use but haven't gotten to for the past year. It'll also allow me to do more "fun" things without pigeonholing them as essays.

Thursdays and Fridays will pretty much stay the same (unless you guys and gals have suggestions!).

Oh, and here are the awesome people I'll be interviewing for October:

October 7, 2008 - Larry (OF Blog of the Fallen)
October 14, 2008 - Greg van Eekhout
October 21, 2008 - Mary Robinette Kowal
October 28, 2008 - Jay Lake

1 comment:

Dom Cimafranca said...

Blogger has a future post option...not that we want you to get struck by lightning or anything, of course ;-)