As far as books that I'll never be able to obtain goes, that award goes to PS Publishing as I tried to order Zoran Zivkovic's The Last Book. It's not listed in their system so I guess that rules out any PS Publishing Books.
There are also some books that are currently unavailable. For example, I gave them the ISBN for Majestrum: A Tale of Henghis Hapthorn by Matthew Hughes. What they jotted down on my list is that "No Paperback" [Available]. Same goes for John Grant's Corrupted Science (except it's "No Hardcover").
I also discovered that various books have different discounts. Michael Cisco's The Traitor for example only had a 5% discount which meant that it's really really expensive for me to acquire it. On another extreme, a book like Clockwork Phoenix, which has a retail price of $10.95, is actually costing me P1135 or $24.00.
I'm actually grateful that I'm able to acquire books from Small Beer Press, Lethe Press, Senses Five Press, Subterranean Press, and Norilana Books.
Having said that, here's the books that I actually ended up ordering (because I was strapped for cash):
- Year's Best Fantasy and Horror 2008 edited by Kelly Link, Gavin Grant, and Ellen Datlow.
- Realms: The First Year of Clarkesworld Magazine edited by Nick Mamatas and Sean Wallace.
- Generation Loss: A Novel by Elizabeth Hand.
- Fantasy: The Best of the Year 2008 edited by Rich Horton.
- Spicy Slipstream Stories by Nick Mamatas and Jay Lake -- although it's taking them 5 weeks instead of 3.
- Worlds of Their Own edited by James Lowder.