Monday, March 24, 2008

Back from Baguio

Just arrived from Baguio and I took a much needed bath. I'll be going to work in less than 8 hours so I'll try to finish Jeffrey Ford's The Shadow Year before I go to bed.

The Good:
  • Surreal because it's the first time I took an out-of-town trip in a BMW (friend's car).
  • My companions were crazy enough to get a kick out of ridiculous names such as a graveyard called "The Kingdom of God".
  • Witnessed various Filipinos enacting the Station of the Cross, complete with carrying an actual crucifix and crown of thorns.
  • At least three games of Starcraft: The Board Game.
  • "Convinced" the host's wife to read Jeffrey Ford's The Shadow Year.
The Bad:
  • Unhealthy food.
  • I did pack my bags and I brought extra clothes and toiletries but during the three days I was there, I didn't really bathe. Or changed clothes.
  • People got sick (a cold), myself included.
  • Lack of sleep.
  • Eight-hour trip home, two hours spent in traffic. Outside of the city.
  • No blogging/Internet! (Although I did manage to log-in for half-an-hour before I left as there was an Internet cafe going for P10.00/hour.)

No comments: