In local news, the Bookbabble podcast is a bit rough, but last weekend's guest is Filipino-Chinese writer Crystal Koo. There's also an upcoming Filipino horror comic anthology.
Readers might also want to help out a friend of Wheatland Press.
- Innsmouth Free Press has a mininterview with Nathalie Boisard-Beudin and Matthew Bey.
- Outer Alliance interviews Lynn Flewelling.
- Odyssey Workshop interviews Matthew S. Rotundo & Krista Hoeppner Leahy.
- Jon Gibbs interviews Barbara A. Barnett.
- Flashes in the Dark interviews Angel Leigh McCoy.
- Mihir Wanchoo interviews Joshua Corin.
- Victoria Strauss on A Question You Don't Want Your Publisher to Ask.
- Capt. Xerox on Science fiction has died so often it must have nine lives.
John Ottinger III on For Those Who Cry Sexism or Racism in SF Anthologies, Shut Up.
- Mary Robinette Kowal on Attack of the Stereotypes! Native Americans in Fantasy.
- Paul Di Filippo on Could a sci-fi writer win the Nobel Prize for Literature?
- Mark Charan Newton On Defending Genre.
- Shaun Clayton on 9 More Awesome Things That Should Have Happened This Decade.
- Now That's Nifty on List of 886 Palindromes.
- Arachne Jericho on When I Stopped Thinking of Neil Gaiman as Perfect.
- Rebecca York on Working With A Publicist.
- Jeff VanderMeer on District 9 - Some Questions.
- Jaymee Goh on Steampunk Plot Bunnies for Adoption and No Elitism Please, We’re Steampunk.
- Keith McGowan on Letters from Abroad: Illustrator Yoko Tanaka.
- Joshua Starr on Michael Chabon: We’re All Amateurs Here.
- Rachel Aaron on Eavesdropping.
- Angela Slatter on Finding a Literary Agent Australian-Style.
- Sue Lange on Anti-Publishing Site of the Week: The Internet.
- Editorial Anonymous on Stupid Thermometer! Stop Being Sick!
- William Shunn on Composing a cover letter.
- Jeanie Franz Ransom on Don’t Hate Me Because I Have a Kindle.
- Bill Lindblad on The Death of Emily Dickinson.
- Janice Hardy on The Handy-Dandy Guide to Picking Agents to Query.
- Nicola Morgan on Necessary Talent Required, Sorry.
- Chérie L'Ecrivain on Dear Publishing Industry: And Now, A Word From Your Target Audience.
- The Rejectionist on Confidential to Anonymous, Or: Even More Dark Secrets of Publishing, Revealed!
Booklife: Strategies and Survival Tips for the 21st Century Writer by Jeff VanderMeer