Having said that, I don't think problems are necessarily the issue. The issue isn't in the problem alone but in the solution--or lack of it. Here's some scenarios I think that's associated with problems:
- I have the right problem and the right solution (don't we all wish we had these type of relationship?).
- I have the right problem and no solution (which is the status quo).
- I have the right problem and the wrong solution (also called scapegoats).
- I have the wrong problem and the right solution (in which solving the problem doesn't really solve anything).
- I have a problem but there's no problem (a.k.a. the people who can't stay content or leads to the previous example).