Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Praise for the Coode Street Podcast

I just want to give a shout-out to the Coode Street Podcast, which has released several phenomenal episodes this year. Now I've been listening to them ever since they debuted last year, and as much as I enjoy Jonathan Strahan and Gary K. Wolfe's conversations (which is very much a tribute to the late Charles Brown), they hit their groove when they have guests on the show, and the dynamic changes dramatically.

Here's my top three episodes which I think everyone should listen to, at least if you're interested in what's happening around the world (and not just the US), gender, and literary criticism:
  1. Live with Gary K. Wolfe, Eileen Gunn, Ellen Klages, and Geoff Ryman! (a.k.a. The Tiptree Awards episode)
  2. Live with Gary K. Wolfe and Karen Lord! 
  3. Live with Gary K. Wolfe, Farah Mendlesohn, and Tansy Rayner Roberts (a.k.a. the real Diana Wynne Jones episode)

No comments: