Also, Philippine Speculative Fiction Vol. 4 & 5 will be available at Wiscon courtesy of Prime Books.
I'm supposed to include this in the World SF News Blog but here's an advanced heads-up: a recently established site is the World Chinese-language Science Fiction Research Workshop which is focused more on the academic side of the genre. As for the Sky Awards, here's the full list of finalists. Also check out the 2011 Eaton Science Fiction Conference which will focus on global science fiction (there's also an impressive guest list which include Nalo Hopkinson, China Mieville and Karen Tei Yamashita).
- Marianne de Pierres interviews Margo Lanagan.
- Comic Book Resources profiles Harlan Ellison.
- Angela Slatter interviews freelance editor Abigail Nathan.
- The Fuctional Nerds interviews Lou Anders (podcast).
- Jonathan Strahan interviews Gary K. Wolfe (podcast).
- Jim C. Hines on Saying No to a Publisher.
- Victoria Strauss on Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics.
- Brit Mandelo on The Hugo for Best Graphic Story: A Short History.
- Phyllis Irene Radford on Where do Ideas Come From?
- Amy Sterling Casil on WIWSWTMWISO: Ideas Into Stories.
- Sarah Zettel on Be a Hoarder.
- Sherwood Smith on Writers on Writing: Manners and Wit.
- Cory Doctorow on Closing In.
- Stroppy Author on How to read a publishing contract (13).
- Juliette Wade on Worldbuilding, or world growing?
- Janice Hardy on Break It Down.
- David Bishop on Faking It.
- Stableford, Lofficier, Black Coat Press Win Top French Genre Award.
- Barnes & Noble to Launch E-Book Self-Publishing Service PubIt.
- The digi-novel: the new way to read in the 21st century?
- What on Earth is Neal Stephenson's Mongoliad?
- Rogue Blades Entertainment Challenge! 2010 Writing Contest: Discovery.
Zoo City by Lauren Beukes