I was gone for most of the weekend (what's this thing called sleep?) but congrats to everyone who donated to Strange Horizons! They raised more than $10,000 over the weekend, meeting their goals.
And congrats to the Philippines's (and Netherland's) very own Rochita Loenen-Ruiz who was honored as the 2009 Octavia E. Butler Scholar at Clarion.
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews Ann VanderMeer.
- Rae Bryant interviews Aliette de Bodard.
- Cat Adams interviews Catherine Asaro.
- Rick Kleffel has a couple of SF in SF Recordings: Madeleine Robins, Kage Baker, panel.
- Tom Matlack on Book Publishing: Death or Rebirth?
- Guru's Handbook on Learning by Teaching.
- There's a couple of Strange Horizons testimonials here (see comments for links).
- Jason Sanford on The noticing of SciFi Strange.
- Hal Duncan on An Open Letter to John C. Wright.
- Catherynne M Valente on An Open Letter.
- Mary Robinette Kowal on Writing Glamour in Glass: Chapter 5.
- James A Owen on This is what a book should do.
- SFWA on Resource: Historical Food Timeline and Reading Aloud.
- Nick Mamatas on Free Idea Friday: How To Write An Ad That Won't Make Me Laugh At You.
- Rudy Rucker on How to Write (Clarion West, 2009).
- Odyssey Workshop on The 2009 Experience.
- Jason Henninger on Outrage and Art.
- Graham Sleight on Disability and Sff.
- Theo on The Benefits of Blogging.
- Bill Ward on Public Opinion In the Age of Fractured Culture.
- Rachel Aaron on Stupid Writer Tricks.
- Vonda N. McIntyre on Pitfall #9: Department of Redundancy Department.
- Kevin Church on What’s Bruce Wayne Reading? (Yay Photoshop!)
- Jordan E. Rosenfeld on Makin’ it Real: Character Development.
- Nicola Morgan on Crappy Author Behaviour: The Launch.
- The Rejectionist on Important Lessons For The Week; Or, Thank God That's Almost Over.
- Laura Atkins on What’s the Story? Reflections on White Privilege in the Publication of Children’s Books.
- SC Butler on Write Another Book.
- Janice Hardy on Editor - Yay or Nay?
- Wizard of Oz Celebrates 70 Years in Oconomowoc.
- Philip Pullman speaks against UK’s vetting laws.
- Free fiction from Electric Velocipede.
- New Publishing Job Openings.
- Cory Doctorow on Book-donation drive.
American Fantastic Tales edited by Peter Straub