- Pssst, check out the latest issue of Lone Star Stories.
- Haven't had the time to read through the stories from Fantasy? Here's the reader's choice for The Best Fantasy Story of 2008.
- While you're at it, check out Eric Rosenfield's list of Fiction Magazines Worth Reading.
- Here's an open call for submissions entitled Thoughtcrime Experiments. Not the most professional of guidelines that I've seen but it's promising to pay $200.00 for your story (and a kill fee of $75.00).
- Publishers can learn a thing or two from Night Shade Books which lists all their possible nominees for the Hugo Awards in one neat page.
- Rick Kleffel on Buying Local, 2 : Phone Call Versus Mouse (support your local bookstore!).
- I mourn thy loss, Scrye Magazine. There's always Inquest Gamer. Ooops, that ceased publication a few years ago. This image is apt.
- Jay Lake On Greebles and Telling Details.
- Here's an interview with Shaun Tan.
- Check out these Goblin Miniatures.
- Congrats to Nnedi Okorafor who sold her first adult novel to DAW.
- For some strange reason, over the weekend, people latched on to Pat's interview with Glen Cook: When an Interview Goes Wrong: Glen Cook by Matt Staggs; Remember What Being Genuine Looked Like? by Jeff VanderMeer; One Way to Do An Interview by Andrew Wheeler.
- The Book Publicity Blog on What You Need to Know About Off-Site Book Sales.
- Here's io9 on Create Your Own Original Star Trek Story flowchart.
- Time has a magazine feature on Podcasting Your Novel: Publishing's Next Wave?
- Matt Staggs On Book Trailers, and How They are Done.
- ForeWord Publishing Insider has an article entitled Book Design Primer. Your mileage may vary.
- Congrats to the winners of the Sofonaut Awards.
- James A. Owen on Regarding Comics Distribution.
- Having writers block? Reblock Yourself the Polly Frost Way!
- Last but not least is this video on writing/publishing. Unfortunately, my name-that-author Fu is weak.
Monday, February 02, 2009
February 2, 2009 Links and Plugs
To quote Matt Staggs: Superbowl Schmuperbowl.