- Tor.com (Brit Mandelo) spotlights James Tiptree, Jr. / Alice Sheldon.
- John Scalzi's The Big Idea: Rhiannon Held.
- Fantasy Book Critic (Mihir Wanchoo) interviews Saladin Ahmed.
- Galactic Suburbia Episode 61 (podcast).
- Tangent Online interview with Ray Bradbury.
- Fantasy on Air interviews Graham Edwards.
- World SF (Cheryl Morgan) interviews Ahmed Khaled Towfik.
- Barnes & Noble (Bill Tipper) on Volume Reduction.
- Juliette Wade on Personal interactions reveal character.
- Janice Hardy on Avoid Time Sinks: Ways to be a More Productive Writer, Part 6.
- Omnivoracious (Susan J. Morris) on (Characters) Doing the Wrong Thing: Why It Feels So Right.
- Bryan Thomas Schmidt (Leah Petersen) on Your Punctuation Personality Type.
- Mystery Writing is Murder (Bryan Thomas Schmidt) on Surprise v. Suspense by Bryan Thomas Schmidt.
- Orbital Drop The Hammer for $2.99.
- Whippleshield Books Sea of Rains Competition Giveaway.
- WisCon Chronicles Vol. 7: call for submissions.
If you think colonialism is dead... think again. Globalisation has indeed made the world smaller--furthering the dominance of the West over the developing world, shrinking and devaluing local cultures, and uniformising everything to Western values and Western ways of life. This is a pernicious, omnipresent state of things that leads to the same unfounded things being said, over and over, to people from developing countries and/or on developing countries.
It's time for this to stop. Time for the hoary, horrid misrepresentation clichés to be pointed out and examined; and for genuine, non-dismissive conversations to start.
Accordingly, here's a handy bingo card for Western Cultural Imperialism--and we wish we could say we've made it all up, but unfortunately every single comment on this card was seen on the Internet.
Card designed by Aliette de Bodard, Joyce Chng, Kate Elliott, Rochita Loenen-Ruiz, @requireshate, Charles Tan, @automathic and @mizHalle. Launch orchestrated with the help of Zen Cho and Ekaterina Sedia in addition to above authors (and an army of volunteer signal boosters whom we wish to thank very much!)