A new issue of Expanded Horizons is out and Lavie Tidhar has a story out, along with Filipino author Anne Abad.
Also, apologies--I've been perpetuating an error (thanks to Andrew Wheeler's post for clarifying): I've been citing Pan Macmillan when it should be Macmillan.
- Rich Horton's Summary: Wallace anthologies, 2009.
- Sue Burke on Study examines sf/f/h publishing in Spain, 2005-2009.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts on Reading as a Luxury.
- Fantasy magazine on Goodbye to Kage Baker.
- SFWA on The Importance of Style Sheets.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch on The Freelancer’s Survival Guide: Role Models.
- The Book Publicity Blog on Facebook profile or fan page? Who should set it up — author? Publisher?
- Janice Hardy on Brains on a Page.
- Nathan Bransford on It's a Great Time to Be An Author.
- John Scalzi on Why In Fact Publishing Will Not Go Away Anytime Soon: A Deeply Slanted Play in Three Acts and A Quick Interview of Me, By Me, To Catch Up With Everything Amazon.
- JM McDermott on Evidence That Authors Are The Least Important Part Of Books.
- CJ Cherryh on Words from the Wise.
- Catherynne M. Valente on The End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine).
- Blake Charlton on What Happens to a Debut Author’s Brain on #Amazonfail.
- T.J. McIntyre on Money for Nothing.
- Jay Lake on What my publisher does for me, and why I won't just quit.
- Michael Stackpole on Authors Can Be Stupid: Please Feed the Authors!
- The Huffington Post on The Macmillan vs. Amazon Throwdown.
- Nick Mamatas on All right, why writing isn't like music.
- Sarah Monette on Don't talk back, just drive the car.
- Alison Janssen on Defending Your Life.
- Nancy Jane Moore on Brave New (Writing) World: Publisher vs. Retailer vs. Manufacturer.
- Andrew Wheeler on Myths of Amazon/Macmillan.
- Simon Drax is serializing an online novel, Doomtroopers.
- Night Shade ebooks: DRM-Free, only $6.00. (via John Ottinger)
- Innsmouth Free Press Multiethnic Issue TOC.
- New Message from Macmillan CEO John Sargent.
Blackout by Connie Willis