And if you need some writing inspiration, you should read Matthew Hughes' (the writer!) keynote speech to the Surrey International Writers Conference. (And congrats to Mr. Hughes for signing with Angry Robot Books).
And not work safe but here's short fiction from Terry Bisson that you can read during your 10-minute break: "Billy and the Circus Girl" "Billy had a little dick. When he rubbed it, it got bigger."
- Rose Fox interviews Steven Klotz of MentatJack.
- Jeff VanderMeer interviews Lev Grossman.
- Eric Searlman interviews translator Terry Gallagher.
- RRR FM interviews China Mieville (podcast).
- Jackie Kessler on Making Time.
- Brian Slattery on The Book is Dead, Long Live Books.
- Dean Wesley Smith on Killing the Sacred Cows of Publishing. Agents.
- Kassia Krozser on Digital Publishing: Looking at the Business Model.
- Daniel Menaker on Redactor Agonistes.
- Mortimus Clay on Fantasy World Building.'
- Bruce Baught on GoodReader: Huge advance in PDF handling on iPhone (attention: RPG fans).
- Victoria Strauss on VDM Verlag Dr. Mueller.
- Laura Benedict on The Real Cost of Free.
- Mike Brotherton on Stuff, Experience, and Science Fiction.
- SC Butler on We Are the Orcs.
- Janice Hardy on Moping in the Middle.
- John Scalzi on On The Asking of Favors From Established Writers.
- Nicola Morgan on Appearance + Personality Matters.
- Nathan Bransford on Will Authors of the Future Need Publishers?
- Pimp My Novel on Self-Publishing II: Attack of the POD People.
- Angry Robot Books signs two new authors.
- Harlan Ellison's Dramatic Reading of the Seussified "I Will Not Read Your Fucking Script".
- The Sunday Times EFG Private Bank Short Story Award.
- Chris Barsanti reviews The Complete Stories of J.G. Ballard.
Zoo by Otsuichi