Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Plug: Shira Lipkin’s blogathon to benefit Boston Area Rape Crisis Center

From Matt Staggs:

Author Shira Lipkin says:

“I’m doing a blogathon this Saturday, July 26 - posting to my LiveJournal every half hour for 24 hours to raise money for the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center. This is my sixth year blogathonning, and I write spontaneous short fiction every year. It usually tends to have an urban fantasy bent (as in fantasy in a city, not paranormal romance), but this year, I’m taking a distinctly SF angle on it. For 24 hours, I’ll be in character as a xenoarchaeologist, trying to make sense of precollapse Earth… with the help of over 50 artists who donated “artifacts” to this project, including a few SF/F authors themselves. All artifacts are being auctioned, with a story card.

It all goes down here: http://shadesong.livejournal.com
And the auctions are here: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZshadesong

And there’s a lot more info on my LJ about why I do this, and why BARCC.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for helping to get the word out! :)