VOLUME holds several meanings. First, that there is an abundant amount of excellent fiction in English currently being written by the younger generations. Second, that these stories must be read and shared. And third, that they deserve a place in bookcases and classrooms all over the country.
VOLUME 1 will be the first book in an anthology series that will
showcase fiction by Filipino writers, age 45 and under, selected without
regard for boundaries or genres. VOLUME 1 will be launched in September
1. Submissions are open to all Filipino citizens 45 years and younger as of the end of 2013.
2. Submit only original unpublished short fiction written in English.
‘Unpublished’ is defined as not having previously appeared in part or in
full in any print or digital media (including online refereed markets,
blogs or any social media).
3. No multiple submissions. Submit only one piece of fiction for consideration.
4. Short stories only. Open theme, any genre.
5. Story word count cannot exceed 7500 words. Our preferred word count is in the range of 3500 to 5000 words.
6. Submissions should be formatted as Word Document files (.doc, .docx) or in Rich Text Format (.rtf) in simple fonts.
7. Submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter that includes your name, your preferred byline and contact information.
8. Send your submissions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will confirm receipt of your work within 24 hours.
9. Deadline for submissions is midnight of June 30, 2013. Our reading
period begins immediately afterwards. Letters of acceptance or regret
10. Contributors will be paid Php5000.00, as well as 2
copies of the book, for the exclusive first print rights to their story,
as part of the anthology.
We look forward to your stories and appreciate your help in spreading the word.
Dean Francis Alfar & Angelo R. Lacuesta