Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 20, 2010 Links and Plugs

This week's controversy revolves around Bloomsbury's second white-washed YA cover. And a related controversy is an anthology that I'm part of...

Also check out a video posted on Lou Ander's blog: Games and the Female Audience.

And here's your photo of the day (source):

artist: Anouk Kruithof

Interviews

Advice/Articles
News
And here's a spanking new cover for one of my fave books from 2009:

The Manual of Detection by Jedediah Berry

1 comment:

Kaz Augustin said...

I read the comments on the anthology of which you are a part, Charles. Can't say I disagree with either of the points made. My only additional two cents:

1) "Oriental dragon" isn't good enough. I'd be pissed if there was a Japanese dragon on an anthology by Chinese writers. After all, there are marked differences between them. Happy to show more ways people can screw up! :)

2) Oh, the editors having stories in the anthology is truly bad form. Very infra dig. Especially if it wasn't even at the publisher's request. Marks have been deducted and the editors' names recorded.

Happy New Year, btw, only because I've been too slack to comment before now. Your blog is one of the highlights of my day.