Monday, January 15, 2007

Internet Woes

I just switched from my default DNS to OpenDNS… to no apparent advantage. My Internet connection doesn’t feel any faster, and the sites that I previously couldn’t log on to (i.e. all things Google) remains inaccessible (so much for regularly updating my blog).

Yes the beginning of 2007 will forever be immortalized as the post-Taiwan earthquake which paralyzed the Internet connections of Asia. In retrospect, making Taiwan the hub of telecommunication was a bad idea. Actually, any country near the equator belt is a bad idea. Between typhoons and earthquakes, it’s honestly a disaster waiting to happen (and like the old age when it comes to combat, we only need to be unlucky once…).

Believe in all things Google! Except in times of an Internet-crippling earthquake.

No comments: