Friday, October 27, 2006

Echoes

While still gathering the courage to ask a friend out on a date... it'll probably never happen.

In the latest news of the human relationship dynamic (females in case the gender matters, and it probably does), I have these two friends who are also friends with each other. Lately, I don't get to talk to them together but I do manage to chat with them independently on occassion.

Of course what I found peculiar is how each one is acting like a big sister and telling me how I'm screwing things up when talking to the other friend.

The me of four years ago will probably complain about how I'm hearing about my faults from the other person, and wishing that the person themselves would tell me directly what's wrong so that I don't have to wait for the other friend to give me feedback before I correct myself (because you know, I'm simple, dense, and direct).

The me of the present knows how futile it is to expect such things, so I'll just have to work with what I have, and investigate how I can have a similar "attachment" to all my female friends, so that their new companion can tell me what I'm doing wrong and vice versa. (Or finding their hidden locked posts on livejournal or vox or whatever secret blog they have will have to do).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ask that person, its not like you have anything to lose.

Hehehe, maybe the experience can teach you to drink.
- nik joaquin